We should view ourselves in the light of
Jesus and model our lives in the pattern of of His life. Jesus came to earth
to accomplish many task most of which can be found in the names the Bibles gives to Him.
Name as many names in God’s Word
for Jesus that you can think of?
A look at Isaiah 50:4-11 – Jesus,
- The Servant is Given Charge (4,5)
- The Servant suffers (6,7)
- Those who follow/don’t follow the Servant’s voice (10,11)
Other verses that point to Jesus as Counselor
- Isaiah 9:6
- Isaiah 11:2
- Luke 4:16-21
What does it mean to counsel? What do counselors do?
Below is a list of assumptions that will
be made throughout this Bible Study as they pertain to the scriptures and counseling?
- God is and He rewards those who diligently seek Him (Heb 11:6)
- God has spoken through the Laws and the Prophets in the past and now speaks tio us through His Son (Heb 1:1-2)
- We are people who have received faith by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:1)
- The Holy Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are the inspired, infallible Word of God, a divine revelation,
the original writings of which were verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit. They
are the supreme and final authority of faith and conduct.
- We will assume that mankind (male and female) are made up of two parts-the inner man and the outer man (2 Corinthians